Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beautiful Days (catch up)

I haven't gone this long without blogging in weeks. I so enjoy journaling about my days with the boys it has become something that I like to do for my friends and family reading, but also for myself. So, needless to say, I've missed this the last few days. I've been super busy with work which takes precedence during afternoon nap, but I'm hoping to get caught up on the blog tonight!

I was planning on having this "beautiful days" title for two days in a row where we just got outside as much as possible because the weather was amazing, not too hot, breezy, cool evenings and mornings. Of course I'm finally getting to compiling it and we've now had two days of on/off rain and thunderstorms. Oh well, this will bring us back to those gorgeous days!

Like I said the mornings were very cool, so we stuck around the house a little while for it to warm up. On Monday, while I got the lunch stuff packed up for a picnic in the park with Kyndal and her boys, Koen and Tavin played with Play-Doh. It wasn't as "hands off" as I had hoped, so it took quite awhile to get lunch packed up, but it was fun watching the boys do and activity together. Tavin was so proud of himself to be just like Koen!

We walked down to Osceola and Koen was happy to see Kaiser already there, complete with some fun construction vehicles to share. Kaiser is still at an age where sharing is no big deal. It's so nice! It wasn't long before the boys wanted to sit and eat, here's Tavin and his buddy Porter getting ready to munch on lunch. I had to include this funny, wide-eyed picture of Tavin. I have no idea what brought it on, but it's hilarious!We had a fun surprise at the playground because some friends from church happened to stop by the park while they were in the area, so Koen had another friend, Josiah, to play with on the playground. They did quite well together. Koen seems to make friends very easily (at least at this stage!) which is so nice to see. Tavin was excited to go play on the big kid playground again. He finds so much pride in it. I even took him down the steep slide a few times. He giggled each time - such a good sound!The boys were pretty tired out from our active hour and a half at the playground, so they took a good nap (although Tavin keeps doing this weird things on days that he wakes up a little early...he throws blanket and screams until I get it. Really annoying! I'm trying to break him of it. With all the work I've had this week, early wake up was not an option).

So after the naps, I took the boys down to the playground in the wagon. Tavin loves fiddling with the wagon. He gets super frustrated when he can't get it where he wants to go. Having brother sitting in it was causing one of those frustrated moments.Ok, so on Tuesday, we had no plans and so we headed out for a walk to the library, Whole Foods and Giant Eagle and then a stop at the playground. This morning during the cool (and Mommy prep time for all of that), Koen did a little craft. He loved it. I was proud of myself for coming up with something to keep him busy!Tavin can hear a helicopter from a mile away it seems. On this morning he and Koen ran to the front couch and would look up until they could see it pass over the street. Very cute. Check out Tavin's sweatshirt, "I'm a little crabby." He has been very clingy lately, so it was appropriate.Koen was adventurous when we got out at the playground after our library visit and errands. Tavin on the other hand was making his "I'm a little crabby" sweatshirt proud and was just trying to push the stroller (which was braked due to all the groceries it was carrying) and just stood there crying. Needless to say we didn't stay long, but I did let him push the stroller all the way home and he was so proud of himself (Koen rode in the front of it which is a special treat for him, so he was happy too).Well, that was a simple breakdown of Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow I will get caught up on the fun we had during the few rainy days that followed these beautiful days. I also have to note that Koen's behavior has been tough on and off this week and there have been times I've been wanting to write a huge dump on the blog just to get it off my chest. Aren't you happy I've been too busy and you haven't had to read that? With little time, it's nice to just focus on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment