Friday, August 19, 2011

Kindness Quilt Celebration Day

This morning Koen completed all the squares on the Kindness Quilt. We had already discussed that when he fillled up the quilt again the celebration would be that he got to go out on a date with Mommy for lunch and ice cream. We've both really been looking forward to the completion of the quilt (and I have to say this one took awhile!).Before our lunchtime date, Doug took Koen and Tavin out on some errands. I love seeing Doug with the boys. He is so good at taking them out like this. He gets a lot of enjoyment out of it and they just love their Daddy time. I can even tell that Tavin just feels so special that he is now a part of these outings.

We had crazy weather today and right after the boys left there was a major thunderstorm. Tavin is quite perplexed and uneasy about thunder. He has the most sensitive ears and he was very aware of the thunder even when they were in the stores. Here are two pictures Doug caught of Koen comforting Tavin. So sweet (Koen really does have such a tender heart).I met the boys up at Whole Foods once the rain stopped. Koen and Tavin spotted me from across the intersection. I surged with pride. Koen is so loud and could probably be heard all the way on Walnut Street and Tavin's tow head with the sun bouncing off of it could be seen from a mile away. They are just too cute. Koen was so, so excited to go out with me alone. Doug and Tavin drove home with the groceries and Koen and I set out on foot. We also ran an errand and then went to Mad Mex on S. Highland. We split a quesadilla and salad. Koen loved it. He told anyone who talked to us that he was on a date with Mommy.

After we finished lunch we walked down to Oh Yeah! a few doors down for dessert. We split a small dish of chocolate ice cream. Here are the pictures I grabbed of me and my little date. He was pretty focused on the ice cream.On our way home we stopped off at the library to pick up some tickets Koen won in a raffle at the library (so fun: he did the summer reading program and then won one of the raffles for 2 tickets to the Pittsburgh International Children's Theatre!). We checked out the shows and we are pretty sure that we want to go to Charlotte's Web. Another fun date to look forward to with my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment