Thursday, August 18, 2011

Playground Hopping

I love being back in the Burgh enjoying its summer benefits. Until today, the boys and I have just had low key days full of walks, outdoor air and neighborhood errands and play. It's been nice.

Yesterday we went to Mellon Park as we were carless, I wanted a run and we needed to stop at Trader Joe's anyways. It was a great change for the boys to have a new place to play. Here are a few snapshots.Tavin is loving learning more about playground equipment and is getting quite daring with bumpy/shaky bridges and loves rampways. Mellon was perfect!Koen made friends with some little girls at the merry-go-round. They played well together for about a half hour.Today we had playgroup at Osceola, so we headed back to one of our favorite local playgrounds. I actually let Koen ride his bike there. He was pretty impressed with himself. Unfortunately, it meant that I had to not only push the stroller on the way home, but also drag him along much of the way. Oh well. The bike was a blast for him on the way and while we were there.Tavin was happy playing in the playground equipment, but also he enjoyed just hanging out in the shade. This picture shows a new pasttime for Tav, he's using a wipe to clean the grass. Now that's my boy. =)Isn't he just adorable in the shirtless overalls look? I love his precious baby skin!We were at the playground for about 2 hours and the boys were quite active with their friends (it was a great turnout today) the whole time, so they were exhausted when we got home. I let them take a dip in the pool and then we headed up for naps. They both slept well and their voices are chirping for me, so I gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment