Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautiful Weather Continues!

I always seem to appreciate each season, but it's like a new realization every year. The twilight of summer could be one of my favorite weeks of the year. Plenty of warmth and sun, even heat, but the nights cool off and the mornings start to turn brisk. Ahhh...

Yesterday morning I had the car and a long list of errands to run, so I took the boys out to Highland Park for some time to run out their energy at the park before heading to Target, Whole Foods and Giant Eagle. The plan worked perfectly. They played well with each other and other kids at the park (particularly Koen plays well with other kids, Tavin is more at a stage where he says, "mine" to basically anything that looks interesting to him that another kid touches).
Not too much in addition to say about yesterday morning. Just loving getting some errands off my to do list, spending time in the beautiful fresh air with my boys and then cramming enough super productivity into naptime. After naptime Koen started singing like he was the other morning, so here's a video of him singing that same worship song. It's so precious!

Last night Tavin was interested in helping me water the tomatoes. He's seen brother do it before, so I think that was his main motivation. He was concentrating so hard and chatting to me the whole time. So cute!Here's a video of Tavin in the bath. He is really into bubbles right now.

Today we had plans, but they ended up being cancelled, so we kept it simple and went to Osceola for part of the morning. A friend of Koen's happened to be there, so that was fun. Tavin is really enjoying getting around on the playground equipment which is so fun. I'm sad in a way to see him turn into a "big boy," but also happy that he is enjoying learning so many new things each day. Such a ham!!!Well, that's about all I have for now. I could go on and on and on about the troubles Koen has been causing, but after a good chat with my mom on the phone and the kid himself taking a good nap (almost 3 hours of no interaction with him) I feel a little more OK with this really, really difficult stage we are at. I'm praying for strength and wisdom to get me through the remaining hours of his day. I hope it goes better than the first part of the day did. Let's just say I didn't include a lot of info about disobedience, consequences, talking back, frustration, more disobedience, etc., etc. It was fun. Here's to a fresh start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment