Friday, August 19, 2011

10th Anniversary

Well, I lack on pictures of Doug and I on our actual 10th anniversary (although as you know we got plenty on our recent anniversary celebration trip). But I can't let our big #10 anniversary date pass without writing a little mention of it on the blog.

We had plans to just have homemade pizza with our friends, Sky and Megan. But Doug got a new plan in his head when he ran an errand to the grocery store on the way home. When he arrived with a bag or two full of yummy ingredients he announced that he had changed his mind and had decided he wanted to cook a 4 course meal for me and our friends. Oh, bummer. =) It was amazing! First of all, the company was fantastic! The weather was perfect, not too hot and an accompanying breeze to keep the bugs away, so we were able to sit outside all night. The conversation was wonderful and entertaining. Doug's delicious meal was delightful. We had antipasti of salami, raw sheep cheese and hearty bread with our exquisite olive oil and balsamic vinegar from The Olive Press visit on our recent trip. Then he served us a parmesan-encrusted, pan-seared red snapper fillet with a garnish of a wilted arugula and fresh tomato salad and a fig balsamic reduction. Yum! Then we had the pasta course which was whole wheat tortellini in vodka and crushed, fresh tomato sauce. Finally, we finished with his signature Nutella mousse. Thanks, Douglas. It was such an amazing meal. Not to mention, he never let me get up during the meal. He prepared, cooked, cleared each course and cleaned the kitchen up. It was nice (especially since during family dinner with the boys, I'm the point man and am up at least a dozen times =)).

It was a great night of celebration and relaxation with good friends. Thanks to Douglas and Megan and Sky for making a big deal of our 10th anniversary. I loved it. In case you are wondering if Doug got anything special. Koen and I made him his favorite kind of cookies earlier that day and Koen was so excited to surprise him when he got home from work. Koen is such a sensitive little guy. He actually joined us for antipasti and was such a delight with our friends. He fits right in with the adults on occasions like that. I love it!

Here's the only picture I have from that night, it was before our dinner date began, but I had to post it because I love my Tavin Dale...don't you think we look alike?).

No comments:

Post a Comment