Friday, August 12, 2011

Back With My Boys

The last two days have been great. I missed Koen and Tavin so much, it has been like food for my soul being with these precious little boys again. Koen has been quite easy, bounding with energy of course, but instead of it pouring over into boredom he seems to just be enjoying reconnecting. So, basically I'm enjoying a constant rush of words and bubbly active ideas. I'm loving it! I think we both needed a break from each other. Koen misses Gramma and Grampa terribly. He continuously asks for Grampa as they were adventure buddies each day during our time away. Grampa took Koen to outings at parks, museums and libraries. They took a bike ride a day if not more. Dad does such a great job with Koen and although it was tiring I could tell he loved taking advantage of that special week together. Most nights Dad actually had Koen out right up to bedtime riding his bike around the neighborhood just to enjoy a few more minutes together (despite the fact Dad also had the duty of putting Koen to bed most nights as well). So fun to see them appreciate each other so much. Dad, it's evident that Koen loved that time with you. He won't stop asking for you and recounting his fun adventures with you!

Tavin did very well while we were gone as well. He was quite clingy to Mom and Dad, especially as the days wore on though. Yesterday when I went to get him he was so happy he didn't even play games in his bed (he usually likes to be silly and pretend he doesn't want to get out for several minutes), he came right into my arms. The rest of the day though it was quite obvious he was a little upset I had left him for a whole week without warning him (exactly how do you get that across to a 19 month old, I'm not quite sure...I would've if I could've, buddy!). Yesterday he barely cracked a smile and he constantly worried I was about to leave him again. If I even turned my back to leave the room he screamed and cried, "ma, ma, ma!" Poor little guy! We had a lot of snuggles and reassuring chats and I'm happy to say that he is much more at peace today. Still a little edgy, but a huge improvement.

Yesterday we gave Koen his gift from San Francisco, a cable car of course. He really hasn't parted with it since. Here he is with it at the playground yesterday morning after our walk to a few grocery stores and the bank.And here's a video of what most of yesterday was like for him with his new toy, nearly everything can easily become Hyde and Powell Sts. for a 4-year-old.


Here's Tavin in his unsure state yesterday...
And here's Tavin all over the playground today when we stopped for playtime and a picnic at Highland Park on our way home from some more errands.
As you can see, he's getting much more confident and was really enjoying himself today.

Well, the boys are about to wake up from naps, so I better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment