Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Morning With Miles

We've been enjoying getting together more regularly with Deborah, Miles and Claire. Today it was our turn to go to their place. A welcome retreat since we've been cooped up the last few days. Koen has gotten very comfortable with both Miles and his great playroom, so it is really easy to go and settle in to play. Miles did a fabulous job sharing today. Very impressive. I hope Koen took notice (if he took notice of my encouraging words, that would be great, but sometimes I think he zones them out!). Tavin seemed more comfortable in the play area this time too. He definitely wanted to be with the boys as much as possible. You can see here how the boys even let him in on playing trains a little (as long as he didn't mess it up).

After awhile I laid Tavin down for his nap. Then Deborah and I headed outside in the backyard with the rest of the little ones for some fun in the snow. The room that Tavin was "napping" in faced towards the backyard. I just happened to look up and what did I see...peekaboo!

I laughed so, so hard! The boys thought it was hilarious.

They kept calling for him and he would do it over and over again. I went inside to listen and make sure he wasn't crying up there, no, he was actually laughing his head off! So funny. Amazingly enough, despite the fun he found in his nap spot he did eventually fall asleep! I woke him up shortly afterwards though for fear that it was late enough that it could mess up his afternoon nap.

After the playtime outside and Tavin's nap we had lunch and headed home. Such a great morning with friends. I honestly think my boys would've been happy to stay all day long. They are so comfortable in Deborah's lovely, welcoming home and with these sweet kids she and Grant do such a great job raising. Thanks for the playtime and the lunch, Deborah. We appreciate you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment