Friday, February 4, 2011

Finally Something Fun!

Today we had to get out of the house. I'm freaking myself out with Doug being sick that now I'm even more at risk, so I had to flee and get some fresh air! It was a great outing.

I packed up lunch and walked the boys down to the library and then over to Whole Foods.

Koen is definitely in the phase where he asks "why?" about everything. I try so hard not to get frustrated. I know he is just curious, bright and vivacious, but man, I get mentally exhausted from thinking up an answer to everything! I feel bad if I don't engage his questions. It's such a great opportunity to learn, to talk about God, to get him excited about new things, etc. Anyways, needless to say, the fresh air walk to the library was invigorating and also exhausting as there was a lot of new content for questions!

Both the boys love the library. It makes me so happy (and so thankful we have such an awesome one in walking distance). Tavin is really into touch-and-feel books right now and it is fun to see him enjoying reading even at such a young age. Koen really enjoyed helping me pick out books today. It's so cute. He has no idea what he's looking for usually except for a few favorites where he's memorized their locations. I definitely slipped some of his selections back onto the shelf when he wasn't looking. We still managed to get over 20 books. They had a puppet area set up today and Koen put on a little show for Tavin and I. So cute! He loved it!

Next we headed to Whole Foods to grab a few groceries and eat lunch. I packed the boys' lunches and got some simple soup for myself. It was a nice change of pace to be out and a cheap date.
Finally we headed back up the hill towards home laden with groceries, pounds of books, two well-fed boys and a heavy stroller. Needless to say if I wasn't tired before (which I was), I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment