Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Trip to Pittsburgh Toy Lending Library

I can't believe I've been blocks from the Toy Lending Library for years now and today was our first visit! It's quite the simple little gem for indoor play away from home. I've never heard of something like it elsewhere. It's volunteer-run, very cheap to buy individual visits or memberships and full of great toys (not to mention you can actually check out toys too!). I invited our playgroup to meetup there today and it was great. I think those that hadn't been there were super excited about all the options, maybe even a little over-stimulated going from one thing to the next, but after a little while there they all seemed to settle in a little more. Koen and Kaiser spent a lot of time playing Legos. Koen also enjoyed their car/truck area and the trains (of course). Tavin was a trooper as usual. I tried to get him to take a nap in the stroller, but it didn't really work. He did rest for awhile, but then got pretty mad, so he played for most of the time as well. Here he is checking out Lego supplies with Addision. All in all, a great experience. I'm sure we will be back again. Thanks to everyone that made it out from playgroup today, it was nice to visit with friends and enjoy a new spot for play. Also, I have to note the awesome weather we had here today. In the 50's!!! We walked of course and just loved the mild temps! We loved it so much that after naptime this afternoon we took another walk. Ah, a taste of Spring...just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment