Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good Day With My Boys

Today I've just been overwhelmed with how blessed I am. You've read the posts, it's not always easy and I don't always have this super upbeat attitude about the goings-on of each day, but today I've just been reminded of what a special season in my life this is. It's for no special reason either, just a nice day enjoying my little guys. Koen went to nursery school which always makes for a less intense day for me and means that Tavin and I get some extra cuddle time. Koen came back from school in a great mood and we had fun playing after lunch before his naptime. He is really enjoying starting to "play" with Tavin. Today he actually told me to stay in the kitchen because he and Tavin were enjoying playing together. So sweet!
Koen was in a mood for photos for once. We took these few on my phone so I could text Doug a little hello from home...
Here are a few more I got during our afternoon playtime.
Koen was in such a great mood, that I think he had a hard time settling down for his nap. He stayed in his bed in the dark until 3pm (he only laid down at 2:30pm) and he's been talking up a storm of a story for his trains every since (interrupted periodically by train songs). This is a good opportunity for a Koen Naptime Update... Most days he does seem to take a nap, but I'm relaxing a bit as he and I are both getting used to those days when he skips or wakes up only after 30-45 minutes of sleep. I don't lay him down until 2:30pm or later so that the time he's in his room entertaining himself is shorter. Due to his intense decibel level (the poor kid seems to totally not notice how naturally loud he is when he plays trains!), I've been putting a loud, small fan in Tav's room for afternoon nap to drone out the sounds of trains, songs and Teddy from across the hall. So far these new strategies seem to be working OK. I'm sure we'll have to adjust things once Tavin switches to one nap and who knows, probably for other reasons too, but for now, we'll probably just stay this course. I'm not naturally very flexible, I love my routine, but I am trying so, so hard to roll with the punches as these little ones grow and change so quickly in these early stages of life...such a learning and growing experience for me!

Anyways, today I'm thanking God for the blessing of being with my boys!

1 comment: