Sunday, July 8, 2012

This Is the Way We Go to Church

Well, Doug and I decided that I should definitely take all the boys out to church this morning.  The morning actually went really well for our first time accepting the challenge of getting 3 Melder boys out the door on time.  Mom was here to help, but I actually did the bulk of it myself which was encouraging for Sunday mornings that lie ahead after Gramma leaves.


Our friend Sandy gave Penn an adorable one-piece polo in the newborn size, so I was excited to dress Penn up in it for church.  The big boys also were dressed in little polos and despite the bed head, I think they are a handsome crew. 

And, of course Koen wanted to do a silly picture.  Look at the craziness you are amidst little Penn!!  I'm sure you'll be joining in in no time!
Our first trip to church went very well.  Penn totally started crying out right as the worship time was winding down and I whisked him out as Doug stood up to pray and make announcements.  Classic Pastor's kid making noise in church!  After church we also managed to successfully run an errand to Target and Whole Foods.  Building confidence each time we get one of these things done without a major setback!  We got home in time for lunch and then the boys all headed to nap/rest-time.  Before Penn got swaddled up for his nap, Gramma had some snuggles with him.  They match today without even meaning too.  They look quite nice together.  

Well, the middle of the night feedings (which Penn is doing really well with mostly only waking up once between 10pm and 7am) are starting to take their toll and make me feel tired during the day, so I think I'll stop blogging and rest for 20 minutes before it's time to feed sweet Penn again.  Man the days just fly when you have a newborn eating every 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment