Friday, July 13, 2012

A Long Overdue Reunion

Yesterday I had the amazing blessing of finally reuniting with my dear friend, Valerie.  We grew up together spending weeks of the summers together at a Christian camp in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.  Val was a bridesmaid in my wedding (actually caught the bouquet) and then the following summer I got to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.  Val and her husband, Josh, and their 4 kids live in the Philippines and therefore we have few chances when they are stateside to try and coordinate a meetup.  Finally this year a reunion was possible (and on short notice too!).  Val and Josh were driving across the turnpike yesterday and I got to meet up with them!  I brought Penn with me to show off of course.  Here's Val snuggling up with Penn (and Val's two daughters)...
And I had to get a picture of Val and I.  It's been 10 years since we were together (her wedding day was the last time I got to see her!).
I love my bridesmaids, all of whom I still communicate with and love to share special moments like these with when schedules, lives and travel permit it.  What a blessing to finally meet Val's kids and see this dear friend in person again.  Love you, Val!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, it was SO much fun to see you again! It wasn't nearly long enough to catch up on everything, but I'm so glad we got to meet up! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete