Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First Day On Our Own

Well, I don't have any pictures to prove it, but we made it through our first day without Gramma here and it thankfully was very encouraging and quite a success.  A quick synopsis...


Penn did an awesome job sleeping in the night again.  He only wakes up once between the 10pm and 7am feedings (actually I had to wake him up at 4am, I'm thinking I might stop doing that though since it happens every few nights, I'm interested to know how long he would go if I didn't).  I'm not sure how long this great nighttime sleeping will go, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!


At 7am I woke Penn up again to eat and then even managed to get through the shower and prep the boys' breakfasts before their wake-up time of 8am.  


Penn laid down for his first nap around 8:45am and the boys played while I packed up lunch for later.  


At 10am I fed Penn again and let the big boys watch an episode of Chuggington.  Then I managed to get all 3 boys out of the house by 11am.  We met some friends at Highland Park for some outdoor fun on the wooden playground.  We ate our packed lunch there and had such a nice time enjoying friends and getting fresh air, and well, just feeling like our normal little unit (felt like pre-Penn except I was no longer uncomfortable and pregnant and had adorable Penn with us!).


We got home a few minutes before 1pm to feed Penn again.  The boys were great and kept themselves entertained in the playroom while I fed Penn in Koen's room.  Then I laid Tavin down for his nap and then read to Koen before his rest time.  Then Penn and I got some nice one-on-one time before his nap.  He fell asleep later than usual, but by 3pm it was just me for an hour before his 4pm feeding (and I got dinner all prepped!).  Koen actually got picked up by a friend's mom for a special big boy play date from 3pm to 5:30pm, which was nice for me so that at the 4pm feeding Tav was still up in his room and it was just Penn and I again.  After that feeding I gave Penn a bath (pictures in next post) and then he and I got Tavin up from his nap at 5pm.    We played in the playroom for a little while and when Doug got home we played in the backyard until Koen got home and then we had a nice family dinner.


Bedtime with the big boys went pretty smoothly with Penn waking on and off from his little catnap, but pretty happy with the pacifier and Tavin was silly and fun in the bath and then at bedtime.  Doug handled Koen and got him down by 7:10pm due to his really busy day.  I fed Penn at 7pm and Doug, Penn and I have been hanging out ever since.  This time of night is usually quite a wake time/fussy time for Penn and tonight is no exception, but Doug and I are handing Penn back and forth and watching a movie in the background.


I'm really proud of us and so thankful to the Lord for a graciously good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment