Monday, July 23, 2012

Quick Catchup

It's been a lot of the same here.  Lots of time at home.  Gramma is amazing playing with the boys in the playroom (she and Koen have done hours and hours of puzzles and board games these last few weeks).  Doug continues to get the boys out when he can around his work schedule.  I keep trying to keep our days somewhat interesting when it's just me and Gramma on duty with the boys.  Here's a quick catchup via photos I've grabbed during the highlights of our last few days...


One evening after the boys' naps, Koen and Tavin "helped" me give Penn a sponge bath.  They were so interested.  Koen was really sweet, he held Penn's hand the whole time (well, he was sort of squeezing it, so I had to keep asking him to loosen it up!).


Yesterday Koen had some really special time with Penn before dinner.  It was precious.  Penn was so comfortable in his biggest brother's arms and Koen was so proud to be taking care of his littlest brother.  Gramma was on duty to keep an eye on things to make sure Penn was safe. =)



Last night the boys got to open presents that Uncle Nate and Aunt Megan (super thoughtful godparents) had dropped off.  Koen was so patient to wait for Daddy to get home so that we could have present-opening-time all together.  Koen and Tavin got hilarious Mo Willems books and Penn got "You are My Sunshine."  Thanks Uncle Nate and Aunt Megan!
  
Koen helped Penn open his present.  Don't worry, Penn isn't being picky about the present or ungrateful, he was mad before we started opening presents.  Koen was a trooper to sit next to him amidst the scream-fest!
This morning in between Penn's feedings I took the boys out for a few errands and then a nice chunk of time to run off some energy at Mellon Park.  They spent a lot of time playing on the merry-go-round playing with other kids and with each other.  Tavin eventually got adventurous enough to try the merry-go-round and he really enjoyed it.



Well, today was Gramma's last morning with us before flying home to NH.  I dropped her off at the airport this afternoon.  The goodbyes are always hard as Mom is one of my best friends and she has also been such a help in this transition from a family of 4 to a family of 5.  We are so grateful for all her hard work, basically handling laundry, dishes and much of the cleaning, not to mention all the Penn-holding and entertaining Koen and Tavin too.  I can't say enough how blessed we were by her being here to support us in all these practical ways (and she is such an emotional support to me as well as I walk into this new season of life as a mom of 3).  This evening went really smoothly, but I thought this picture was funny as I was trying to get a cute picture of Penn with his "bananas over mommy" shirt on, but it seems that he was pretty bummed about Gramma not being around to hold him while I was prepping dinner, so it doesn't really look like he's too crazy about me.  We miss you already Gramma!  So thankful we will be seeing you in a few weeks in NH!

No comments:

Post a Comment