Thursday, July 5, 2012

Penn's First Bath

Don't judge me, but yep, that's right, Penn's first bath (well, sponge bath), was just yesterday on the 4th.  I figured he wouldn't like it that well, so I'd been putting it off.  Plus, he's so sweet and pure I didn't think he really needed to endure the torture quite yet.  But mom and I figured that it was a good opportunity since Doug had the big boys out and we needed something to get Penn to have a little wake time in the morning.  Here's the before pictures...

Well, Penn really did well with the sponge bath.  He only got a little upset and calmed down very quickly.  Here are the after shots all cozied up in the towel and under Gramma's caring hands.

After all that excitement, he promptly fell asleep in my arms.  Big morning for little Penn!

2 comments:

  1. Andy is doing WAY better with baths than Alex ever was. I think it has something to do with being a summer baby and not being as cold during the bath. Very cute! (Actually with Alex after a few horrible sponge baths, we ended up having Nathan take him in the shower with him to bathe him and we did that at least for a few months. Alex loved it and I think it was neat for Nathan too. Required both of us though because I would have to grab slippery wet child from him so he could finish showering.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that with Alex. So funny! Yeah, not sure when we will get to do a real bath with Penn. The sponge bath went so well (and I'm sure the fact the house isn't freezing had much to do with it!), so I think we'll stick with that for awhile. I loved how his hair got all soft and fuzzy and stuck up a little bit. Fun to have a Melder baby with hair!

    ReplyDelete