Sunday, July 29, 2012

Abbie Visit & Weekend Catchup

It's been a busy weekend for Doug, but he managed to cram in a lot of time with Koen and Tavin in the mornings on Friday and Saturday.  He loves being with them, but I know he's also doing this to help me out so the house can be a little more calm and Penn and I can continue getting to know each other and I can get a few things done.  On Friday morning they ran few errands and went to the library and to the playground.  It sounded like they had a blast there.  Here's a picture of snacktime in the shade...
The boys spent much of their time playing hide and seek.  Here's Tavin in his favorite tricky spot!
Apparently, right after this photo, Tavin ran out to be found (he doesn't quite get the game) and when he did he slipped in a huge mud puddle and was covered in mud.  I saw him when he got home a few hours later and it was a significant amount of mud.  Doug said he was very sad about getting so messy, so I didn't make a big deal about it when he arrived.  He was quite a sloppy mess though!  After the park they went to Whole Foods for lunch (Tavin must have been a sight to see!).  At that time I was actually at a quick hair appointment.  It happened to be right over a time when Penn needed to eat, so for the first time he tried the bottle.  Aunt Abbie must be a pro because he loved it and drank 3.5oz out of the 4oz I had left.  I was thrilled!  Both Koen and Tavin did not care for bottles much at all.  Maybe Penn will be different and I can be a little more flexible.  Thanks for at least a positive first experience, Ab.  Here's Ab snuggling with Penn later that day.  They are already sweet buddies.
I've lost track of which day this was, but here are some cute pictures of Penn, Koen and Tavin that I forgot to upload earlier and I figured I could sneak them in here since I'm talking about awesome Aunt Abbie snuggling with Penn.





Koen actually took the pictures that are closeup of Penn.  It was amazing he caught a yawn!

So, back to chronological order.  On to Saturday...Doug took Koen to a work day at what will be Koen's school (Koen was so excited and into it!), that left Abbie and I home with Tavin and Penn.  Lots of fun!  We spent much of the morning outside as the temperature had dropped in the night (although still quite sticky).  Here are a few pictures from our time on the porch...

Later in the day Tavin got to "kiki" (carry/hold) Penn upon request.   Here's how it went...started out pretty well...
Then it got a little hairy...
Oh dear, it's falling apart.  Look at Tavin concentrating so hard he has his tongue sticking out and Penn looks like he's trying to get out.  Precious.
Still later in the day (the cycle of eat/wake/sleep just keeps this day rolling!), Penn had some tummy time.  He's probably the most agreeable tummy-timer I've had yet, but I still don't think he's crazy about it.  

Now, on to Sunday.  We got the 3 boys off to church on time again.  Three weeks in a row!  It's great that Ab was here, but I have to say I really handle myself and the boys alone and it's great to know that I will be able to do it all on my own.  We had a nice time at church as usual with worship, teaching and our great community there.  Then Abbie and I took the boys to the playground to run out their energy.  We got some cute photo opps and a funny video of Tavin dancing to his own humming.  Enjoy!





That's all for now.  It's been a great weekend, but not a lot of time to blog about every detail. The days just fly with all 3 boys!







No comments:

Post a Comment