Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First On Foot Outing with All 3 of My Boys!

I've been getting the boys out of the house every morning this week as Doug is back to work and it is imperative to get Koen in the fresh air for most of the AM hours (otherwise our ears are ringing and our patience wears thin!).  Monday and Tuesday I left Penn home with Mom, but today I decided I would bring Penn with us.  Our plan was to meet Hilary, Delia and Huck at the playground, so I was wanting to bring Penn to show him off to my dear friend.  Plus, I knew it was a good opportunity to test out handling all three boys on an on-foot adventure.  It went very well.  First, this morning I packed up lunch and put the stroller together with the infant attachment while Penn napped.  I was nervous about the setup and actually texted some pictures to a friend who has the same stroller.  Check out how Tavin's seat rearranges to go on top and the seat Penn goes in lays completely down...weird!

Oh yeah, did you see cute Tavin in the background?  Look at those cute thighs. =)  He was pretending to be my big helper on the front porch.  


Anyways, we had a great first outing all 4 of us.  It was a beautiful morning, sunny, breezy and hot.  The playground had great shade.  I carried Penn in the BabyBjorn (also a first for Penn) on the way there.  And on the way back he got to ride in this stroller for the first time. It made me so nervous putting him under Tavin, but it worked great.  He napped the whole way home enjoying the shade and the breeze in that spot of the stroller.  Look how cute!
Here's a shot from the front (Tav's a little hot!) and you can just see Penn's dinosaur sleeper under Tavin.  Very odd, but it worked great! 
Now that we've had a positive first experience, I'm sure there will be many more adventures with all 3 of my little guys to blog about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment