Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pool Play

We are surviving the heat wave taking it one day at a time.  This morning's approach to endure the heat, but still get Koen and Tavin some fresh air and exercise meant spending 2 hours in the backyard in the baby pool.  Can you believe these two can happily play for 2 hours in a tiny baby pool in a teeny backyard.  I have to give them credit for it (and I have to take some myself for coming up with an hour long game of Simon Says that kept them out of trouble).  Here are the "keeping cool" kids (and note the crazy huge tomato plants behind them that are now taller than Doug!).
Penn was out with us most of the time too, napping of course, not swimming.  You can see how his legs are less scrawny now and he has the beginning of some chunky thighs.  Super cute.  =)
The boys did push some buttons and play with some boundaries while I made their lunch inside.  I made the mistake of leaving my phone on the table.  When I stole it back from their wet, clammy little hands this is what I found added to my photos.  Pretty funny that Koen caught this picture.  Oh, brothers!
Not much else to report here.  Enjoying that the boys are all in separate rooms sleeping/resting for the moment and loving that we got a drenching rain with a big thunderstorm that passed through very shortly after we finished our fun time outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment