Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tavin's 2 Year Appointment

Tavin had his 2 Year Checkup today. Since Aunt Abbie is here, she stayed home with Koen. They worked on the dinosaur project some more and Aunt Abbie also gave Koen his first piano lesson! I wish I could've been a fly on the wall for that. She said he did really well. They are probably going to do a few more while she's here so that he can have a good introduction and it's a good test to see if he's ready to start learning piano. We'll see. At least it's a great activity while he's on Christmas break from preschool!

Anyways, back to sweet Tavin's appointment. It went really well. I reported on the everlasting intense eczema. Yes, yes, just keep moisturizing...I'll keep trying! I mentioned how Tavin seems to be so often sick and for those of you that are also wondering what on earth is going on...nothing. Just a healthy, strong kid battling everything mom, dad and brother bring home for him to fight off. Good news, but for his sake I wish there was a solution (ok, a little for my sake too). I also asked about his sweet little toes - his second toe is squished between his big toe and middle toe. It doesn't seem to affect anything thankfully at this point, but the doctor suggested having a pediatric orthopedic surgeon look at it (Brett, Steve, perhaps a house call?).

Tavin was in excellent spirits at this appointment. He's completely feeling back to himself after his weird weekend illness (who knows what that was). Look at my adorable, healthy 2 year old!Ok, this is my absolute favorite. Potentially best picture of Tavin of the year...So I also did a closeup in black and white. So precious!Oh yes, and of course, the stats. Tavin is 35 and 1/2 inches long - my baby is about 3 feet tall!!! And he was exactly 27 pounds. He was in the 35th percentile for weight and in the 75th for height. Good job growing Tavin! I just check Koen's baby book. He was exactly the same height at his 2 year appointment, but was 28 lbs., 8 oz. Thank you, Lord, that Tavin is healthy and strong. I love my sweet Tavin!

No comments:

Post a Comment