Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread House Making

Today was Gingerbread House Making Day at the Melder house! I planned this fun morning with Hilary a few weeks ago. Both Delia and Koen have two weeks off from preschool, so we wanted to get some fun get-togethers on the calendar to keep them on their toes. Yesterday Koen and I made the house frames out of cardboard (well, I really made them, but Koen was making comments on how he wanted them bigger most of the time). This morning before the boys were up I set out all the supplies and decorations. Pretty fun!Hilary, D and Huck came around 9:45am. Koen took Delia right to the kitchen. They were so excited to start on their project together. Koen had been eyeing all the supplies all morning!Hilary and I took turns watching over the little guys playing in the living room and helping the big kids in the kitchen. Tavin and Huck did a great job playing again today. I think they still felt pretty special even though the main event was in the kitchen.I asked Huck and Tav if they wanted to sit and say, "cheese." They loved the idea (they were very motivated by the fact they could then look at the pictures on my camera).Here are some pictures of the progress in the kitchen (basically the finished products). For a Type A mommy, it's hard to let your kid do a disorganized and random looking gingerbread house (I would love to make it all symmetrical with nice patterns, etc.). But, I have to say it's also nice to see your kids' creativity and handiwork.And here's Delia's lovely gingerbread house...Thanks Hilary, D and Huck for joining us for another fun day! Oh, and here is a video for your viewing pleasure (and your ears, watch out it's loud!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment