Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

On Monday I picked Koen up from nursery school and he said, "Mommy, everyone at school has Christmas hats." I thought he was talking about his festively dressed teachers. But he went on to explain that no, his classmates had Santa hats. I'm not big on just giving Koen whatever he wants and I don't want to set a precedent that we go and buy whatever everybody else has when Koen wants to have the same thing (even if I probably could have found one for 99 cents). I figured we could be more creative than that. I said, "well, Koen, how about we make a Christmas hat for you to wear on Wednesday...maybe Rudolph?" That was all I needed to say. He loved the idea! Well, now I had to put my thinking cap on and make this possible! Thankfully it came easier than I thought. Koen was so into the process as we made it last night (especially the taping). Here's the final result which Koen was very proud of and wore all last night and all day today at nursery school, home, etc. I gotta give myself some props here too, the nursery school teachers loved our creation. =)Tav loves taking pictures and I guess he was a little jealous of the attention Koen was getting, so he hopped into this shot saying, "cheese." Isn't he so precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment