Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Sing 2011

Today was Koen's last day of preschool before the Christmas break. His school has a tradition of having the children perform for the parents on this day each year. Last year it was so cute, although a little frustrating because we could barely see Koen. Koen was in the front row of his class group and we had pretty good seats (plus I snuck up to take pictures a few times). Koen was so excited for the Christmas Sing. He wore a special outfit. He put it on the minute he woke up. Then he even let us gel his air into place (he really needs a haircut!). I told him he looked so handsome and then later in the morning I told Tavin he looked handsome and Koen said, "well, I'm the prettiest, right Mommy?" And even on the way into school he said, "I think I'll be the prettiest in my class, Mommy." I said, "well, I think everyone will look very nice today, Koen. And yes, you look very handsome."

Doug found us seats while Tavin and I dropped off Koen in his room to line up. Then Tavin and I went to find Doug. Tavin got bored pretty quickly sitting in his saved seat. We went walking around until the kids were ready to walk in for the Sing. First though, here's a cute picture of Doug and Tav.Tavin and I rushed back to our seats before Koen walked in. I caught him coming up the aisle (he's the 3rd one back).I let the camera reset and then snapped another shot right away and look at what I got! I didn't even know he was waving. It was perfect. Look how proud he is!See how he's in the front row! Great view this year. He is usually quite the showman and performer at home, loving to steal the show from his brother (if Tavin can even get the attention anyways), but Koen seemed overwhelmed by all the parents snapping cameras and videotaping. He sang along and did the motions, but was very reserved. Still so sweet to watch. Especially when he would catch either my or Doug's eye and he would smile, squint and wave.Tavin loved seeing brother up on stage..."Brah-Bah!"I got these pictures by sneaking up to the front row momentarily.Sorry about all the pictures. Just was having so much fun seeing Koen with his little class. We love his nursery school and are so thankful for the experiences he is having. Plus he's so cute!And of course, here is a video for your enjoyment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment