Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cookie Decorating With Friends

My blog readers must think I'm getting a little carried away with the Christmas kids activities. And, ok, maybe I am! But I just love how interested and enthusiastic Koen is about it because that's how I feel about this fun and joyous season! Today we had over Koen's buddy, Miles, his sister Claire (who is developing a nice little friendship with Tav), their little sister, Hazel, and their mom, Deborah. Koen wanted to get right down to business, so we set out all the supplies. Koen and I baked and cut-out the cookies yesterday (as seen here) with a little help from Tavin and Aunt Abbie...Deborah brought a plethora of decorating supplies and the icing. The three older kids were quite interested in icing the cookies. Tavin left after devouring one plain cookie. Claire soon followed (although prior to that she made some heavily candy-coated treats).Koen and Miles were very into the decorating process. Koen mostly used some finer crystals (because I reminded him he doesn't like crunchy stuff on cookies). Miles was up for trying just about any combination.After the cookie-decorating was complete, Koen, after some urging, finally let Miles play in his room and they did pretty well together with the big boy toys. We kept Tavin and Claire in the playroom and they did really well playing together. I tried to get them to pose for a picture, but it didn't quite work.After some playtime (and I had a chance to clean up our cookie-decorating workshop and turn it into a lunch table), we all had lunch together. The kids were hungry! Deborah, thank you so much for all you brought to share with us. Everything was delicious and I can't wait to have the soup again tomorrow! We all love spending time with you and your kids. We'll have to set up our next playdate early in 2012. Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment