Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birthday Party Saturday

Yesterday we had a packed social calendar! Tavin had a 2 year old birthday party at 10am and Koen had a 5 year old birthday party at 1pm. After a nice breakfast of omelettes (Koen loves cooking with Doug on "day off" mornings), we quickly got everyone ready and then headed to Target to buy last minute gifts. Yep, that's right, we were just there yesterday and I totally forgot!! Oh well, at least I remembered eventually. After a quick run-in for some cute, but affordable gifts we headed to the party #1. Tavin and I attended this one together for his little friend, James. The boys are about 2 weeks apart in age and there were about 12 other almost 2/2 year olds there. So many little people!Kara and Nate were such great hosts not minding a bit that little kids were walking around eating everywhere and playing with everything. The party was really enjoyable for the adults and the kids. James seemed to have a fun time. Here he is with his "cake." He actually blew out the candles one by one perfectly. Very impressive at 2. I think they'd been practicing. =)Koen and Doug did some Christmas shopping while we were occupied at the party. They went to a homemade craft fair at Bakery Square. Here's Koen getting a lesson about looms and weaving from one artist. She even let him use it!At noon, Doug and Koen popped their heads in to pick us up. Then Tav and I piled back in the minivan (yes we are getting quite accustomed to the new vehicle) and headed home for a quick switch. Koen stayed in his coat and hat and shoes and made a card for his little friends, Will and Annabel (from preschool) and I wrapped their present. Then he and I jumped back in the car to get to their party on time. That party was packed with 4 and 5 year olds, probably 20. Whew! They all did very well though and the home was nice and large so amazingly that didn't seem crowded. The parents were such great hosts and Koen and I had a nice time. Unfortunately, Koen has been battling a cough and yesterday he was really not acting like himself. Since I didn't spend the morning with him I hadn't really noticed. It was so obvious at the party. He hung around with me the whole time instead of interacting with his preschool buddies. I kept letting him know we could go home early to rest, but he also knew he wanted to be there. We left at 3pm and I got him home and into bed as quickly as possible. He went right to sleep and didn't wake up until 5:20pm. And when he did he was completely feverish. Poor thing! I felt so bad that I had him out in the afternoon (and the morning with Daddy as well). He was OK through the night thankfully and hopefully today he's feeling a lot better and we can go to church. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment