Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Refreshing Tuesday

Well, I did indeed start today with a refreshed feeling. A new day is such a promising thing. Can you tell I'm an optimist? I made my boys a yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs and apple muffins. I also prepped a little craft for Koen. We are still using up some super cheap cotton balls from Target I got a few weeks ago for crafting. I sketched an igloo and he filled in the boxes with cotton balls. He loved it because I also drew a key on the paper because the igloo idea came from one of his favorite books right now, "The Cabin Key" by Gloria Rand. He totally understood the clue and the connection. He did a great job on his project as you can see. He also decorated the page with a Christmas tree and lots of letter-writing practice.Since big brother was crafting, I had to provide Tavin with a similar opportunity. So, he drew with markers (well, I drew trucks, animals and other randomness for him to pretend to color and sketch on). He's quite a proud artist.
Koen and I had to run some errands this morning and Doug was able to stick around this morning, so Tavin stayed and hung out with Daddy. Look at the village/train tracks they built. Obviously Doug was proud of his creation to text me a picture.
After we completed our one-on-one errand time (which was so pleasant, Koen one-on-one is a joy usually and today was no exception. I loved it and I really needed it), we picked up Doug and Tavin and went out for some lunch at a new favorite pizza place in Squirrel Hill, Bellisio Pizza. Here's Tavin and I...
And Koen hanging out by the window keeping a watch on everything inside and outside the restaurant...
After our nice (and so yummy) lunch, we headed to Frick's Blue Slide Park for some playtime before nap. It wasn't quite as warm as we had hoped, but it was nice to get some fresh air. Koen rode his bike most of the time, but he also enjoyed the blue slide of course.
Tavin went down the slide with me on a test run. We were pretty slow.
So then we sent him down with his brother. They were pretty cramped on the cardboard so Tavin wasn't that big of a fan.But they did well, Koen was a very good older brother about it.
It was a great morning. Such a refreshing change from the last few days. The boys napped great this afternoon too. Now looking forward to hopefully getting outside a little again before dinnertime. Hopefully the evening is as nice as the morning was.

No comments:

Post a Comment