Monday, March 12, 2012

Early Easter Eggs

I know that Easter is literally a month away, but with this weather, I have Spring fever, so it was time to refresh the lame winter decor I was still holding on to. I still had vases full of paper snowflakes and a bouquet of evergreen boughs. They are in the trash now! I have a pleasant, simple Spring look now with some white, happy daisies and bright-colored Easter eggs. Much better.

Due to the time change on Sunday, I actually encouraged Koen not to nap since I laid him down late anyways and knew I wanted him to lay down on time. He spent a good deal of time playing in his room while Tav napped, but then we had a special craft time decorating the Easter eggs. Here's the setup...Koen was in charge of dipping the eggs into the dye (the Koen crane we called it) and I was in charge of taking them out and putting them on the rack (the Mommy crane). Koen treated the whole activity much differently than last year. Last year he was impatient, didn't really pay attention to the instructions and this year he was very fastidious with his assignment as you can see. Also, I have to note, I was relieved that unlike last year, he wanted to keep the colors separate. Last year most of our eggs looked a pale brown because he was dousing them all through all the colors.And the finished product. A nice, bright change in the house (with a hint of a lingering hard-boiled egg smell, but oh well).Koen was a blast to work with and we enjoyed our special time together doing this task. It was also so fun to be out in the backyard, still enjoying the pretty day. Actually, when Tavin got up we ended up spending another hour outside. I weeded the whole backyard (quite a task after a mild winter, so many weeds!) and the boys played happily together with no problems, just so content to be outdoors. Ah, I love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment