Monday, March 12, 2012

Lost & Found

Yesterday was such a beautiful day! On Saturday night, Doug had asked if he could have the car on Sunday and I could walk to the East End campus instead with the boys. I'll take that over driving a car any day when it's 60 and sunny! So, on Sunday we headed out with the temp about 40 before the service and by the time we got out it was at least 60. Since I knew the weather was going to be so wonderful, I had packed a lunch and invited a friend to join us after church at the playground at Mellon Park. I was so glad we had plans to keep enjoying the day and not head home yet. The boys were so happy to be outside, running around without coats, hats and mittens. Tavin did some more slide practice, and figured out the slide below as well. He also enjoyed just hanging out at the bottom with his little friend, Elizabeth, eating grapes.Koen spent a lot of time running around with Xavier, then they found the merry-go-round. They probably spun on that for 20 minutes. I would've been sick from the dizziness, but they seemed fine!So, why is this post called, "Lost & Found"? Well, after our fun visit with friends and taking in the fresh air, I loaded the boys up in the stroller, doled out their peanut butter and jams and headed out to beat the clock home (quite a workout up Penn Ave.) so that Tav would get home in time for nap and before getting drowsy in the stroller. I totally didn't realize that I had left my camera in its case at the base of the slide, just tucked underneath it. I didn't even think of it until after I laid the boys down for naptime. I figured it was gone for good, but then I remembered that Doug would be in the East End for a meeting, so I could see if he could stop by the playground. He was able to do so about 2 and 1/2 hours after I had left the camera. Amazingly it was still right where I left it!! I was so thankful and relieved. Imagine how lame my blog posts would be without pictures! Well, it's a small thing in the scheme of life, but I thanked the Lord for the blessing of it not being taken or broken. So, a great morning in the wonderful weather, with a little drama in the afternoon, thankfully with a happy resolution. More blog posts with pictures to come. You can sigh with relief now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment