Friday, March 2, 2012

Ode to An Amazing Daddy!

Doug and I were both looking forward to a simple Friday morning with Koen at preschool and some quality time with Tavin. But unfortunately, in the middle of the early AM hours I woke up with a stomach bug and it was quite clear that I needed to be quarantined and kept away from all my boys. Doug totally rose to the occasion and was such a champ. I stayed in my room before the preschool take off and enjoyed hearing all the hub-bub downstairs (which Doug masterfully handled). He got the boys dressed, made their oatmeal and fed them and successfully got them out the door. Not only that, a friend who's daughter is in Koen's class called and asked for a ride for her daughter. Doug said, "no problem," and added Miri to the loud, happy bunch in the van on the way to school.

After the boys left I emerged from my room and began quite the cleaning routine. Felt so good to de-germ everything I could think of. Then, I fell exhausted into the living room chair and watched TV. What a weird feeling to watch TV on a Friday morning? I think it's been years maybe?

Here's the first photo report I got from Doug. Tav looks pretty happy to be out with Daddy!Tav and Doug did some errands for church events going on this weekend and then they made it to the East End campus ministry center in time for "Sprouts of Faith," a sweet music program for toddlers. Tavin loved it! Look at him in the photo and you will melt when you watch the video...

After "Sprouts" it was time for Doug and Tav to pick up big brother (and his buddy) at school. I'm not sure what happened after that, but at 12:45pm (20 minutes after I figured they would be home and I had already holed back up in my room to hide from the healthy people) I texted Doug and found that they had dropped Miri off and then headed to lunch out. They ate at a new gourmet hot dog shop near the railroad tracks. It's windy here, but almost 60, so they enjoyed eating outside.And this was an amazing plus, they saw train coming in the distance and they watched the approach and pass-by only feet from the train. It looks a little loud and that Tav is unsure of what to do with the experience, but Koen was quite enthusiastic!

After that fun moment, the boys headed to a little playground nearby for a few more minutes of play before heading home for naps. I was so happy to hear them come in the door, but it took everything in me not to run down the stairs and greet them. They sound so cute. I heard Tavin say, "I-ya" (which is his word for everything) probably 50 times in that short time before nap. It was killing me! Koen sounded like an enthusiastic helper and a little silly. Doug handled everything beautifully and every time I texted him reminding him of some little detail he had already done it. Seriously impressive!!! He laid the boys down for nap and it's quite the given that after that fun morning with Daddy, they are both sound asleep.

So, I have to finish up this post with a big thank you to my awesome husband! Such an amazing daddy. The boys were happy, he was happy. I was so relieved they had a great morning together. Doug deserved it. He managed to handle the boys, run errands, give a friend a ride and get the boys down for nap just to list out the generic things he got done, not to mention all the details he handled perfectly. Thanks, babe. It was such a relief to know you had it covered and I could focus on well, cleaning first, but then recuperating.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Amy! Hope it passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete