Monday, November 14, 2011

NH in November, Part 3

Doug was giving me a hard time because I haven't blogged much this time in NH. My reply was that it has been the oddest visit ever battling colds and a stomach bug running rampant through us. Who wants to read a blog post about sleeping and feeling gross all day? Well, good news, I'm back up and running. Tavin is hanging in there. Gramma, unfortunately, went down with the stomach bug yesterday, but is feeling much better today. Grampa seems to have gotten a bit of the cold and amazingly Koen is standing strong and hasn't caught anything yet.

So, a quick synopsis of the yucky days. On Saturday I got a beautiful flower arrangement from my sweet, thoughtful husband. Tavin was a trooper all weekend. He is so into my camera. I barely took any pictures over the weekend, but occasionally he grabbed my camera and said "cheese." This time I couldn't resist.Today we woke up to sun and super mild temperatures so we were out and about playing earlier than usual. Koen is just loving being in the woods, walking, biking, whatever keeps him outside (and talking incessantly of course). This morning we found a pile of snow leftover from the October blizzard my parents got a few weeks ago. Grampa gave Koen a nice treat this morning as well. A corvette ride. Potentially the last ride of the season for the Vette. Koen was thrilled. He's ridden in it before, but I think it's been since I was pregnant with Tavin (I remember mom had to ride with him last time because my belly was too big to have Koen on my lap and get the seat belt around us both!). Koen loved the ride so much. I enjoyed it too. I love the smell of the leather and the exhaust in that thing. Brings back good memories. We used to sit on dad's lap as he drove it up the hill to our house.Tavin got out before lunchtime too (despite still having an unbelievable runny nose and an intense, consistent cough). He loved pushing around his toy and following brother everywhere! He was out for an hour keeping busy with that.I tried doing a little photo shoot of the boys in the leaves. No professional-grade photos, but I can't get enough sweet brother pictures (not to mention the last of the lovely Fall foliage).After some more playing, we stopped and took a quick picture of the three of us. Of course, Tavin sneezed at the exact time I pushed the button. I had to put it on the blog though because it just captures one of the elements this trip has included, germy ick.Here's a better one of the three of us. I feel like you can see how the boys really look like me in this picture. Sorry, babe, it's true though. =)We soon went in for lunch. After lunch Grampa took the boys and I over to check out a huge crane working at a house nearby. Little boys just eat that stuff up. It was lifting huge chunks of tree up and over a stone wall and then the small branches were being thrown into a tree chipper. It was tough to pull Koen away. But we did because little brother desperately needed a nap. While I was laying Tav down, Grampa took Koen out for a quick bike ride (they've made this a daily routine). When I came down from upstairs Dad was running in and telling me to watch from the window, Koen was trying his bike with no training wheels! Well, I wasn't going to stand at the window, I threw on my shoes, grabbed the camera and see for yourself!


Koen got even better than that. It was amazing. Dad no longer needed to run beside him and he even could turn around in the road without tipping over. He is so ready! We were so impressed and it was really fun watching Koen beam with pride and overflow with excitement. I felt like I was going to cry. Such a major accomplishment! Congratulations, Koen!! Now, he's sound asleep probably dreaming about his "two-wheeler." We can't wait to get home and try it with Daddy on his big bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment