Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Austere Autumn Day

Since Koen seemed quite himself and Tavin was showing no signs of that type of illness (although it's no surprise that he woke up with quite a cough today, we'll see where this one goes!), we headed to Highland Park's wooden playground after we dropped off the meal for our friends. It had been a misty morning, but by 11am the fog lifted and the sun came out with real warmth and the sky was perfectly blue. It was amazing! We stayed at the playground for about 45 minutes. Here are a few shots of the boys enjoying it (I also had some fun doing a few show-off moves for Koen on the monkey bars/chin up bars, that will probably hurt tomorrow). You'll notice that Tavin's van is in just about every picture with him in it. It goes basically everywhere he does these days.Koen was so proud of himself to show me he could climb up these chains.Tavin looking overwhelmed at the playground equipment...."hmmm, where to start..."You can see Koen was also pleased with himself that he could do the "tightrope" walk.When we got home from the playground, I made the boys and myself some lunch and then I just had to get them back outside. This time of year, the best time of the day is always around naptime, so I knew I needed to take advantage of the better part of the day before laying them down. Koen rode his back (he's the engine) and Tavin pulled the wagon (the caboose). Tavin looks ridiculous pulling the wagon and we get all sorts of comments, but he absolutely loves it.After nap I got the boys right outside again. I couldn't resist. It was too beautiful! I did a few maintenance things outside during naptime, but it wasn't nearly enough. I didn't want to waste a minute of this weather! This time we biked/wagon-rode/pulled to the playground down the street. Tavin pulled the wagon while Koen biked around the school a few times and then the boys hit the playground.Wait for me to go, Brother!
Super sweet brother picture. They are such sweet pals. Koen has some amazing moments being great with Tavin and I love seeing it. I wish it was 100% of the time, but at least it's good to see it a lot of the time (low point was when he drove his bike into Tavin tonight, high point was when he waited to do the slide with Tavin here).Here are a few pictures that just give you a glimpse of the perfection of the sky this afternoon. Such a cool contrast against the historic building.It was a beautiful day with my boys. It looks like the next few days will be the same. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment