Monday, November 21, 2011

Long Time No Blog!

Just a quick apology to the wonderful grandparents who are such faithful blog visitors (and to those friends who rely on a Melder fix during the day as a distraction (ah hem, Megan M.). This whole not having my own PC is really starting to put a damper on my blogging frequency! Don't worry folks, I plan on making a purchase some time this holiday season and then the blogging should get much more regular once again.

As for what we've been up to? Here's a brief synopsis...
Saturday night after our fun morning at the zoo we finished off the day with dinner with Alex, Hilary, Delia and Huck here at the house. We love our neighbors! The kids had a blast playing and the adults enjoyed relaxing. Sorry no pictures, we were having too much fun chatting! Koen and Delia are old enough now that they play together upstairs and the rest of us stay downstairs (we listen in on the monitor and it's so cute. At one point, Koen put Delia in time out because she wasn't listening well!).

Sunday Daddy worked all day and the boys and I went to church in the AM and ran errands after naptime. I brought "snacky dinner" with me and we ended up running into Grant, Deborah, Miles, Claire and Hazel at Whole Foods and ate with them. Fun surprise!

Today Koen went to school happily and Tavin and I stayed at the house. My friend Veronica visited and we had a lovely time catching up while Tavin kept himself busy (such a good little guy!). We got Koen from school and had lunch then headed to nap basically. Koen didn't end up napping, but he did great just playing quietly in his room until it was time for Tavin to get up. Koen wanted to go outside after nap so we headed out into the darkness. We had a nice little walk/wagon-pull/bike ride. Then Koen and I made pizza for dinner while Tavin whined because he was so hungry (poor bug!). Koen was terrible during dinner, so it wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping, but at least our stomachs were filled.

The boys are asleep and I need to wrap this up before Doug comes home and finds me asleep on the couch with his computer on my lap. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment