Friday, November 11, 2011

NH in November, Part 2

Thankfully we all had a fantastic night sleep last night. The cold is still frustrating me, but I do think I'm getting better. Tavin seemed very much himself this morning, but quickly we discovered that he is still under the weather. The drainage from his cold must be really bothering his little stomach because we definitely had an intense diaper situation and since then he's had barely an appetite, poor kid. One of the many great things about kids though is that you can't sit idly around feeling sorry for yourself. Koen was in great spirits this morning and ready to get going and since the sun was shining, we decided to head to the park with the boys.

We brought Koen's bike and Tavin's push/ride toy. Koen is just loving riding this bike. Tavin was not so psyched about his vehicle today. Since he's not feeling well he gets frustrated easily. It's so pathetic and sad. He's such a trooper to try and keep up with his brother even when he's feeling lousy.Doug, this picture is for you. Koen wanted you to see his "super fast" bike. After a lot of riding around and quite a tumble for Tavin (I was pushing him on the push toy and he loved it, until he totally tipped over and landed face first on the pavement, I felt so bad!) we headed to the playground. Tavin was interested in the slides and crawling around on the equipment and then crunching around in the leaves. Koen played on the playground for about 30 seconds and then was back riding his bike. I love how riding bikes entertains Koen. My siblings and I used to do it for hours as well. Something about the simple joy of propelling yourself into fast motion is so fun!

Tavin was pretty much done with everything at this point, poor guy. So I took him over to a cute little bridge. I asked him if he wanted to take some pictures with Mommy. He said, "yeah." That's his favorite word, he says it all the time - so adorable! Anyways, here's our little photo shoot...This one is my favorite...Tavin looks very pensive in this one (probably thinking, "I wonder when we get to leave?").A little unsure of the timing of "cheese" on this one. Oh well, his pudgy face is still cute.I think this one (although probably a result of snot dripping out of his nose) is such a cute expression!When I was happy with the pictures we got I put my camera away. Tavin said, "more, more?" He is totally in that stage where he likes to pose. So I pulled the camera back out and took this one of him. What a sweetie!!! After our photo shoot, we got back together with Gramma and Koen. And just in the nick of time. Koen had a tumble on his bike and the chain had fallen off. Normally that's an easy fix, but his super cool bike has a guard in front of the chain so I couldn't do it without tools. We had to load up and go back to the house. It was good timing for Tavin, but Koen threw quite a fit. He just loves that bike so much.

When we got home Tavin hung out with Gramma inside and Koen and I played in the woods. I love walking through the woods with him showing him where I used to play reminiscing about the fun I used to have back there with Phil, Ab and my friends. Good memories!

We went inside for lunch and soon afterwards Grampa arrived home. He gobbled up lunch and headed down to the "workshop" to fix the bike. Koen was his assistant, which probably made it take twice as long as he asks a lot of questions and is very curious about every little thing in the basement. Grampa is a champ though and totally had it under control. They got the bike up and running in time for a test drive before naptime. Phew!

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure there will be another post in the not too distant future. It's a lot of fun up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment