Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tavin's First Pizza Night

Pizza Night is a special thing in our household. Doug and I make our own dough (whole wheat of course) and everything and we love it. The process, the smell, the taste, the satisfaction. It's all good. Initially we reserved "pizza night" for just us, our date night (usually Mondays) or at least for sure after Koen was in bed and we could enjoy it all to ourselves. But as Koen has grown older we've enjoyed sharing the process and the product with him as well. Tonight, Doug and Grampa were busy with an unfortunate electrical failure in one of the bedrooms upstairs, so Koen and I set to work on making the pizza for Family Pizza Night. Koen helped with rolling out the dough and topping the pizza. He actually did a fabulous job and was very helpful (and I don't think it slowed the process down too much).

Koen also really enjoyed helping set the table. He was so proud of his responsibilities. It was so adorable! He did a great job with that too. It kept him busy while we waited for the pizza to cook and while Doug and Grampa kept working on the electrical issue (which we never resolved...hmmm...).

Well, the pizza was delicious as usual and we had a very nice dinner altogether. Tavin had already eaten, but he got fussy with crawling around at our feet during dinner, so I picked him up. I had some crust with just sauce on it on my plate, so I thought I might just let him try some. Well, he absolutely loved it! He went back for more and more. He probably had a quarter of a slice of pizza (without the cheese). I am sad to see him grow up so fast, but this did remind me of how fun it will be when he is one and we can give him more of what we eat on a normal basis. He is really eager to be eating solids and is always interested in what we are putting in our mouths.




No comments:

Post a Comment