Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So Gross!

So, tonight I had to lay the boys down myself. I've been spoiled the last few weeks as Doug has been around in the evenings more than usual, so it's been a few days since I've had to do this. Anyways, the plan is always that they bathe together, then I get them in their pajamas and then I let Koen watch a quick recorded show while Tavin eats and I lay him down. The plan was going according to plan through bathtime. Koen gets out of the bath first and I dry him off, then I reach in and grab Tavin. Then Koen usually runs up in his bathrobe to his room and starts picking out pajamas. So, tonight, this is going as usual when Koen runs back downstairs saying he has the urge to go, so I get out of his way and then we have to wipe and everything. He said that that was all and he was all set and didn't need to sit and go anymore, so we headed upstairs to put on pajamas. I'm in the middle of getting Tavin dressed up on his changing table and Koen runs in (in his birthday suit) and says, "Oh Mommy, you were right, I do need to go more." So, I quickly say, "Ok, buddy, go, run, get it all out this time. Good job telling me." Then he adds, "Mommy, there is a little bit on the floor in my room." ugh!!!!

So, Tavin is on the changing table, almost dressed, so I finish that. Koen calls up to let me know he can't get the light on in the bathroom, so I finish zipping Tavin up, put him in the babyproof, safe playroom (but the door is open adjoining to Koen's room), lock the gate and run down to the bathroom to assist Koen. Again we have to do the whole wiping thing and as I'm finishing that I remember...does anyone else see where this is going????

That's right. I forgot to clean up (or even look for) what Koen had told me had dropped on the floor and Tavin is up in that area on the floor. So, I get up to the playroom as fast as I can, but it is sadly way too late. Tavin has just thrown it (thankfully, a small piece, but that didn't matter, it did damage anyways) back to the floor. Then he starts to crawl. It's on his hands, it's on his leg. So, I run to get a wipe and clean his hands, I strip him of the just recently fresh, clean sleeper. I let him go back to playing and I scoop up the piece and run all that yucky stuff down to the trash and grab a rag to clean the floor. Well, Tavin did some good running around in the short time he had been left alone with the stuff and so there was quite a bit to clean up. I got it under control (Koen is still running around in his birthday suit, which doesn't bother him and he has found a measuring tape to play with and is randomly measuring everything...sure, isn't that a normal pasttime in circumstances like these?), but I still smelled it somewhere. I checked my hands, knees, socks, Koen's feet, looked over Tavin's knees and hands again. I gave up for the time being and put Koen in his pajamas. Then I scooped Tavin up to put him in a fresh sleeper. Ah ha, I found it, the culprit of the lingering smell...a smeer across his face. That is right, my sweet baby boy ate his big brother's p**p! This is a story to remind them of when they are in their teens or twenties when they need a good slice of humble pie for sure.

So, I'm totally bracing myself for whatever might come tonight. I have no idea if he really ate some, or if he just almost did and realized it was gross. We'll see what tonight brings. If he's allergic to something edible or a medicine, I'm guessing this won't agree with him either. Ugh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment