Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gramma & Grampa Visit

I've been enjoying the help of my Mom and Dad to get things done like shopping by myself, time with friends with Doug, getting work done, a few house projects, etc. Blogging has been on the back-burner. Not to mention, we've been spending most of our time just doing the norm around home.

Gramma and Grampa have gotten a good glimpse of our regular routine at home. Gramma got to see Koen's nursery school on Tuesday, Grampa came with me to pick Koen up on Thursday. Both of them were impressed with the school. We just love it there and Koen does so well with his new little school routine.

Tavin has been enjoying getting acclimated with Gramma and Grampa again. He does really well. I think he's a little better than Koen was with the whole "Momma's Boy" thing. I mean, he definitely prefers me (and I wouldn't have it any other way), but with loved ones and familiar faces he does better playing with them on his own when I have to leave for a minute. Koen used to throw a fit!

We've managed a few fun adventures. Yesterday, Doug, my Dad and Koen took the bus to the Strip District to check out the markets and get some fresh air.

Mom, Tavin and I then drove down to meet them after Tavin's nap so we could enjoy a family-friendly lunch out at the Spaghetti Warehouse. The waiter was so kind and let us eat in the trolley even though our party was technically too big for the seating in there. Koen had his heart set on it and started getting upset when they first said no, so the poor guy totally caved.

Last night Tavin and Grampa had some bonding time upstairs, playing, crawling around, etc. So sweet to see Tavin and my Dad getting to know one another.


This morning, Grampa was super helpful with the boys as Doug was out at some meetings. Grampa and Tavin played "follow the leader" and Koen basically kept Grampa busy the rest of the time with craft projects, singing songs, building projects, etc.


This morning the boys are at the library (Grampa disappeared into the history section I believe). Koen and Doug are picking out books in the children's area. I'm hoping they stop at a playground on the way home to run out some of Koen's pent up energy. With all the indoor time the last few, cold days he needs to get some fresh air!

1 comment:

  1. these pictures of grampa and the kids are so great! and i'm pretty sure both of the shirts grampa is wearing in the different pictures are ones i got him for christmas. guess i know what i'm getting him this year!

    ReplyDelete