Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Highlights & Lowlights of the Last Few Days

1. Koen is crazy! I don't know if it is the fact we were out of our routine last week on vacation, or if it was all the sleep and rest he got due to not feeling well or if it is because Aunt Abbie is here, but he is bouncing off the walls. Listening and obeying have not been his strong suit the last few days, so we are running low on patience with him. Thankfully, today was nursery school and he loved it and did well as always. Check out this funny video of Koen singing a Jonah song from a Veggie Tales story with a towel on his had (he said he was being a clown?), this will give a taste of his crazy sillyness.


2. Tavin is recuperating. He still has quite a cough, a nasty runny nose, but he is really acting like himself now and didn't wake up crying in the night at all last night. He has been much more agreeable about taking his medicine. It seems that he understands he just needs to take it or something. The last 2 days he has gotten his full 14ml dose. I'm so thankful because amoxycillin fights pneumonia as well as ear infections and so if he does have pneumonia again, the medicine has a chance to kick it since he is taking it so well. Such a relief!

3. Aunt Abbie is here!!!!!!!! Abbie arrived on Sunday night. She's been on a month-long roadtrip (check out http://www.abbielucille.blogspot.com/). We are so happy she is here now. We have missed her so much and I have been so looking forward to having Abbie stay with us for awhile. We are super close (she's one of my best friends) and it has been too long since we've sat on the couch, chatting, watching a movie and multi-tasking. Not to mention she is a great help with the kids and Doug enjoys having her around to.

4. I am so sick. Well, nothing serious I don't think, but I feel awful. I've just about completely lost my voice, my throat is raw and I'm congested. Whenever I get what the boys have it just shows me how resilient they are. They don't complain nearly as much as we adults do (and I don't think I even complain that much, now Doug, that is a different story, but thankfully he's not sick right now). If the boys' throats hurt as bad as mine do and I'm sure they did, then they deserve some huge reward for putting up with it so well. Amazing!

5. The electricity issue has been resolved! A week and a half ago we had a short that meant no light in our office/closet area as well as a few other random outlets that were affected on the 2nd and 3rd floors of our house. Our good friend, Jay, who is an electrician spent two whole days digging around in our walls and found that there was an outlet box that had been drywalled over in Tavin's room that had a wire that had shorted that had caused this odd predicament. We are thrilled that it has been resolved. We can now see at night again on the 2nd and 3rd floors! Thanks, Jay!

6. Today we got to have lunch with Doug. We were trying to keep the boys out of the house as long as possible to give Jay as much time without the kids around to figure out and fix the problem. Abbie and I took Tavin out on errands while Koen was at nursery school. That was so much fun in and of itself. I love having Abbie around to just do life with and share my little boys with. She and Tavin played a lot of "where's Tavin?" while we shopped. Tavin starts himself by pulling his blanket over his head and then when you say "where's Tavin?" he pulls it down and smiles. So cute! Tavin was quite the trooper too, he totally started a nap while in Target and then napped through our checkout, load into car and until we made our next stop at Trader Joe's. Anyways, after we picked up Koen from nursery school we had to drop a few things off for Doug at Northway Oakland, so we got to have lunch with him there too (great idea, Daddy!). The boys loved seeing Daddy at lunch and I loved doing something different than coming back home and having to get lunch on the table. I haven't had much umphf to take pictures with this cold, but here's a funny one of Doug & Tavin. Tavin had just done a job in his pants when Doug went to cuddle him... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment