Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Shape of Things to Come

This morning we went to the Children's Museum.  I'll blog about the fun I had with the boys later.  I got a little artistic with some shadow/light photo opps in the very empty museum and thought I was quite "overdue" to show some prego pics on the blog.  So, here's Amy (in artistic fashion) at 37 weeks.  First shot: straight on...
Turn to the side and there's that baby bump!!
In another exhibit there was a screen with colors of light casting your shadow multiple times.  This totally looks like a Warhol, don't you think?
My little sidekick (reading his map) stepped into this last shot.  But I think it adds to the artistry.  First comes belly, then comes cute little boy a few years later. =)
Well, my belly isn't the only thing shaping up these days.  I've been having fun this January doing projects here there and everywhere around the house to be prepared for certainly at least a few months of not really taking on fun house projects.  But I've mostly been nesting, you know, the tell-tale sign that baby is just around the corner.  The last few weeks I've worked to paint a hand-me-down changing table to use in our office/guest room/nursery (it's a weird room, it can do all these things).  Here's the table.  Not super exciting, but well worth the effort since I love things to match!

I rearranged some furniture in this multi-purpose room and realized I needed something over the baby's crib (which used to be positioned under the canvases I painted before Penn was born).  I did a little search on Pinterest for ideas on a DIY mobiles and found one that I thought I could handle.  Here's how it turned out.  I'm pretty proud of myself!


Well, that's it for now.  Obviously I'll keep you "posted" whenever baby arrives.  I think these were my last big baby prep projects.  Now it's the waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment