Friday, January 2, 2015

The Lighter Side

So, with that last post off my chest (or should I say fingers?), now I can share the fun pics I received from the boys' adventures today.  

They left the house at 9am to catch the bus and then the subway.  They were the absolute first customers at the Carnegie Science Center and they headed straight to the UPMC SportsWorks facility there (classic for crazy long lines for everything).  Because of their early arrival, they were able to do many activities in there that we often skip.  Tavin got to try the trampoline jumping for the first time.  Can you tell he liked it?
He also got to do the climbing wall for the first time.  He enjoyed this as well I heard.  Very brave, Tav, good job!!
I showed these two pictures above to Penn at lunch and he requested a picture of Koen.  I got this amazing shot back of my handsome first-born.  Penn was pleased.
After a yummy lunch in the museum cafeteria, the boys headed to their third educational seminar/show of the day where they learned about the science of making ice cream.  Yum!
The museum closed at 4pm and my boys were about the last to leave.  Talk about making the most of a day at a museum!  They caught the subway, then the bus home.  Check out this very tired picture of them on the way home on the bus!  
Great job, Douglas, taking the boys for a much-needed interesting day out of the house.  Penn and I enjoyed the peace and quiet.  We read, did a little cleaning, walked to the bank, went on a grocery shopping trip with a friend, had a yummy lunch together in our very own kitchen and then I had a quiet, peaceful afternoon painting furniture for the baby's nursery while Penn took a good nap.  This was a day we all needed.  Thanks for being such an amazing Dad (and husband).  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment