Thursday, January 1, 2015

Special Speakman Dinner

On Sunday night, we had our dear friends, Dr. Megan, Dr. Sky and Marshall (the Speakmans) over for dinner.  I don't often share my family with friends as I treasure the moments with my mom and dad just being around home, hanging out, being a family.  But, the Speakmans are some of our dearest Pittsburgh friends and have been family for us here, so it was natural to want to have all of us together at some point during my parents' visit.  Sky, Megan and Marshall are preparing for a huge move to Africa (don't get me started, or there will be so many tears, I won't be able to keep typing), so I also wanted to make sure we squeezed in some holiday time together.  We are certainly going to miss them so much!  I remembered to take some pics of the boys together (mostly Penn and Marhsall) to capture the time together.

Yummy big Italian meal with dear friends and family.  Oh, how I love all these people!
Penn and Marshall played so well together it was really sweet (Tav was also really good with Marshall since he was palling with Penn as well).  Don't you think Marshall and Penn look like they could be brothers with the similar hair color/style and big, dark eyes in this pic?
With Mom and Dad here, we were able to get a Speakman/Melder family photo before Sky & Megan had to get Marshall home for bed (and we had to get our kiddos to bed too).  Here are the two best attempts.  Not bad!

Sky, Megan and Marshall, we love you guys.  Thanks so much for giving us an evening during the busy holiday season.  We hope to squeeze in as much time as possible during your final weeks here!


No comments:

Post a Comment