Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's Project Time, Part III

Things are moving along here at the Melder household.  Toady was exciting because our contractor laid out the tile to look at different patterns and try to find what would suit the space the best.  Here's what he came up with and I agree that it looks really fresh, clean and simple.
So, I meant to post this picture last week, but we are still living in the same weird arrangement with our dining room packed with the kitchen parts as well as our dining area and my makeshift pantry, etc.  Just a glimpse of our casual and crazy mealtimes.
Another interesting thing that happened today is that our contractor worked to smooth out and level the sloping section of the kitchen.  They poured concrete down towards where the sink cabinet used to rest and it just kept flowing.  Definitely quite a slant!  It took about an inch of cement to level it up to the rest of the room.
Here's a picture of a few granite pieces I'm debating on top of the tile we already purchased.  Decisions, decisions!!  I hope to finish with the decisions by the end of the week or early next at latest.  I just want to pick things I'll be happy with for decades as Doug and I weren't planning on this renovation and we don't want to ever have to plan on one again!
That's it for now.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment