Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A New Kind of Monday

With the switch into the school year and the re-addition of the Sunday evening service, Doug switched his day off to Monday from Friday.  We are still settling into what this is going to look like, but this week's Monday was a great start to what we hope this day will look like many weeks.  We sent Koen off to school a little after 8am, then Tav went to preschool at 9am and then Penn, Doug and I took off to meet Kent and Erica Chevalier in the Strip District for breakfast at Pamela's.  Kent is a Pastor at another campus of the same church Doug works at and we rarely get to see these good buddies (well, especially Erica and I), we were excited to realize this overlap of days off would allow us to spend this time together!  Penn and Doug took a little walk to see some vendors while we waited for our friends to arrive.  Penn loved these hilarious animal hats!  I couldn't believe he wore them and even put the hands part on!
In this picture he's saying, "Grrrr!"
When they got back, our friends had arrived and we had a lovely time catching up.  Then we all went for a walk through the Strip.  When we split ways, I also had to go my own way.  For the first time since April I had a hair cut appointment downtown!  Yay!  I got to enjoy the mile walk from the Strip to the salon along the river on the gorgeous Fall day.  Lovely!  Doug got to have some one-on-one time with Penn while I was away.  They stopped at the library for some books before picking up Tav.  Looks like they threw in some leaf-time too.
Then they got Tav and brought him home for lunch.  After Doug laid Penn down, Tav and Doug had some fun one-on-one silly time.  I got this picture via text on my way home.  I guess Tav likes Daddy's new day off too.
After naptime, rest time and Koen's return from school, Doug took the big boys to the farmer's market and I got to hang at home with Penn and get about 10 organizational projects done in the boys' rooms.  Ahhhh!!  Felt so good!  When Doug got back with K & T they all made dinner together.  Could this get any better??  Not really.  To a hard working Mommy, having some downtime, relaxation, quality time with friends and her sweet family and then have dinner prepared for her, is pretty much a dream come true.  Yep, I like the new Mondays.  

1 comment: