Saturday, October 2, 2010

West Virginia for the Weekend, Part I

Doug was asked to do a wedding in West Virgina this weekend for a friend of ours. He gladly accepted the honor and we have been looking forward to this weekend away for months.

Yesterday we drove down to WV on a back road along the river that goes right into Wheeling. We passed through quintessential towns, barges on the river and several coal plants. The drive was really interesting and pretty. The industrial side of it and the hills really made it obvious we were driving through West Virginia.
Wheeling has some special memories for Doug and I. In college, we basically met (or really, he finally noticed me) on a retreat at Oglebay here in Wheeling. From then on he pursued me and we dated through the rest of college until engagement and the wedding. It all started here. =) It's surreal to be back and think that we have two little guys at home and we've been married over 9 years! The rehearsal dinner was actually in Oglebay Park last night. Here's a picture of the view there and a picture of us.
Koen is at our place with friends. He did awesome when we left. He was completely happy. Our friend Megan laid him down for nap and he went right to sleep. They had fun last night it seemed. Here is an adorable picture of them that she sent last night.
Tavin is with Aunt Jen and Uncle Sean. Unfortunately, Tavin has gone downhill each day with this cold that he just can't kick. I felt so horrible leaving him, but it was a relief to know he was in good hands with Jen. She is a baby pro! Tavin didn't cry when I left him which was a relief to me. I wasn't sure I'd be able to go through with leaving him if he lost it when I left. This is the first time I've left him overnight and it is the first time Doug & I have gotten away together without both boys since before we were even pregnant with Tavin (Hawaii Trip, January 2009).

I haven't heard from Megan about Koen yet this morning, but I did hear that Tavin slept all night until his usual wake-up of 8am and then he actually took the bottle! He had about 8 oz! He hasn't been into the bottle the last few months, so I wasn't sure how this would work. I was so relieved that he had it (especially with the congestion). I told you, Aunt Jen is a pro!

Well, I will update the blog later with anything interesting that happens. Doug and I are looking forward to a laid back morning and really have no plans until the wedding. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment