Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flu Shot Day

We had a sad errand to run this morning...flu shots for the boys. Ugh. With all the debate about vaccinations, I just usually go with my pediatricians recommendation. He said go for it, so we did.

Anyways, here are the boys before the shots in the waiting room...
Koen is annoyed that I'm distracting him from the TV there and had completely forgotten what a shot felt like.Tavin is blissfully unaware of what was about to happen.
Koen wanted Tavin to go first. Poor second-born, sometimes it really isn't fair. Tavin cried, but got over it quickly. Koen did really well, but also cried. He actually watched the shot being done which I always think makes it work. I tried to get him to look at me, but he couldn't take his eyes off the nurse and the needle.
We got out of there quickly and I took the boys to Starbucks on the way home for a rewarding cup of hot cocoa. Tavin enjoyed an apple slice to gnaw on.
We were quickly back to normal and actually all enjoyed the early morning walk and outing away from our normal at home routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment