Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homecoming Here

It was Homecoming Weekend up at Grove City College this weekend. Doug and I weren't able to go up there for weekend festivities this year (although Doug did teach at the All Campus Homecoming Chapel on Wednesday night). Since it was Homecoming though, my dear friend Sarah, her husband, Rich, and her sweet baby boy (also Rich) were in town. They came down for dinner and my friend, Kelly and her 3 kids also joined us (Kelly, Sarah and I all became friends at Grove City in our freshman year).

It is crazy to get together and reminisce about a time that feels like ages ago as we are all now surrounded by spouses and lots of kids! The college days were great, but it is also such a blessing to look and see where the Lord has brought us to now and the amazing children we've all been blessed with.

Koen fit right in with Kelly's kids, Kendall, Jackson and Katie. I actually think that Jack and Koen look a little alike. Jack was sweet, he used Koen's bristle blocks to build him a house, a car, a church and a playground so that Koen would be amazed by his workmanship when he woke up this morning. Koen definitely appreciated it!

Sarah's little boy, Richard, is a sweetheart! Here he is meeting Tavin. His facial expression is basically the same as Tavin's at that point. Tavin was at the end of his day and overwhelmed by all the people I think and poor Richard had spent a crazy day out and about with his parents at GCC. The little guy did great though and was calm and happy most of the evening. He is so sweet!

I love special times with friends, my only regret from last night is that I forgot to get a picture of us 3 girls together. Oh well, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment