Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Evening at Osceola

It was a gorgeous Fall day here in Pittsburgh. The boys and I had fun in the backyard after lunchtime and I knew that I had to make sure we got out after naptime/dinner this evening.

Check out Tavin trapped within the play-yard after lunch/before afternoon nap. He is so fast crawling now, in the backyard it takes about 20 seconds for him to get from the back fence to the brick patio and even less time to get to the garden. So, we tried out the play-yard. He definitely felt a little trapped, but liked it OK I guess.
So, after the boys inhaled their dinners (seriously, Melder boys are hungry little creatures!), we headed off to Osceola Park to swing and play. It was a fantastic time outside. Koen is just a blast (I know I've complained a lot lately about his 3-year-old-ness, but truly, he is such a sweet, very vocal, little buddy). Tavin just gets such a big kick out of his big brother and it is fun to watch him explore his world crawling around the playground (not to mention trying to eat acorn tops and sliding down a slide for the first time!).

Here are a few shots...
Koen was too busy running around to get his picture taken face forward. I think it has been too many days since we've spent quality time at a playground. I loved seeing him that enthusiastic.
Could he be any cuter? He's really excited about his brother in the above picture.
"Can I do the climbing wall, too? Big brother made it look so easy!"
"I think I'll just sit here and watch." Actually, he's working on some business in his pants. It was at least a chance to catch him not moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment