Thursday, October 14, 2010

Koen Update

No pictures to share today (I always feel bad when I do a post without any entertainment!).

Anyways, Koen slept until almost 11am after the 3am laydown. That was a relief that he could sleep. He had a good dose of normal energy for an hour or two, but it quickly faded away. He was asking to go to sleep by 1:30pm and I asked him if he wanted to read books and he said, "no." Now, you know Koen doesn't feel like himself when he doesn't want to read books (or have the 5 steps to the ever-extending lay-down routine).

Koen slept a solid 3 hours. Tavin took great naps today too. Each were about an hour and a half. Tavin and I actually had a lot of just us time due to Koen's sleep-in, early nap lay-down and long nap. Anyways, I'm just in love with that precious baby. I wish and pray that this sweet stage could just last a whole year. He is so happy, easy to please, sweet and happy all the time. The kid still has disgusting gallons of snot oozing from his nose all day long and he is still such a joy to be with. I am so blessed by him. I am blessed by Koen too, in so many ways, but Tavin's age just makes him so easy in comparison to the sometimes trying/testing times of the 3-year-old phase.

So, that's us in a nutshell. I have a lot of crusty snot on my clothes, but I did manage a shower and my hair is clean (although unruly, this short haircut is not as easy to leave down as I had hoped), the boys are both sleeping, the house is in stable condition and I am getting a few things done before I finally crash into bed (hopefully by 9:30/10pm). I survived a day with my sweet sick boys on only a few hours of sleep. Thank you, Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment