Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another Rainy Day, so...Creative Play!

We are having to get really creative here around the Melder house. This morning I built this "playground" for Koen's Little People. It has a microphone, jungle gym, slide, trampoline, sandbox and see-saw. He loved it! (Can you tell that I'm proud of my accomplishment?)
Koen has been playing a lot with Play-Doh this week and today was no exception. He's been loving to pretend that one of the cabinets is the oven. He treats it very carefully, he even uses potholders to open the door and put his playdoh containers in to cook. Today he made me ham & cheese with PB&J. Yum...I'm really glad his creations are out of an inedible object. That didn't sound appetizing to me at all!

I did drag the kids out for a cold, brisk walk today. We have been homebound too many days in a row. Tavin woke up early from his nap and I remembered I had to return a RedBox DVD, so we headed out for a quick jaunt. Koen didn't want to, but it ended up being a highlight of both of our days. He was so talkative there and back about everything he observed on the road, etc. as well as about some things about nursery school. The best part of the walk was that we saw the street sweeper. You should have heard the exclamations of joy!



Because it was only 50 and it was cloudy with potential drizzle, I dressed the kids in full winter garb. They looked so cute. I wish I took a picture of them in the double stroller, but here's a picture of Tavin in his little outfit (he wasn't super psyched about the walk idea until we got going either).
Tavin's rainy week accomplishment (beyond forward crawling) has been that he can now do the ring stacker thing by himself (no joke!) and he is loving putting things "away." Obviously, that is a favorite for me. He was helping us clean up legos this morning and here is a picture of him putting Koen's tools away. I've also included a super cute picture of him talking to me.

Koen and I also built some pretty great car tracks today (these rubber/felt tracks that you can build as a roadway system on the floor for his vehicles). We've also done several craft projects. I can't tell you how excited I am to be outside in the sun tomorrow. This indoor play is fun, but it's tough to keep it exciting! I'm running out of ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment