Friday, October 8, 2010

Settling into our Fall Routine

I feel like we are settling into our Fall routine, and it feels great! Koen is loving nursery school. We had a Parents' Night this week (yes, that's right, they have Parents' Night for 3 year olds!). Anyways, I loved being there learning about what Koen does during the day. I learned a few of the names of others in his class and asked him about them. "Oh, Koen, I heard there was a Nadia in your class." "Yes, Mommy." "And is there an Anthony in your class?" "Yeah, he has a hard time though, he cries and his mommy has to come." It was so sweet. I actually thought that that would be Koen, so my heart goes out to that mom. Koen is doing so well. The children have to wait to be excused from class individually (it is 2010, it's for security reasons). Koen waits on his little carpet square and they sing the goodbye song for him and then he comes to me. It's so sweet. Thursday is "bag day." They made a special bag that they bring home all their crafts and handiwork from the week in. It's so cute. He has so much pride for it already. Today I bought magnets to put his creations on the fridge each week. I must be a proud mommy, because if you know me, I don't like clutter. But it's worth it to me to show off his sweet artwork.

Anyways, beyond nursery school, we've been settling into the new look of the week with Doug switching his day off from Monday to Friday. Mondays are a little rough for me (Sunday is a long day while he works 12+ hours and I have the boys with no break), but I absolutely love getting Friday and Saturday together as a family. It feels like the weekend comes early even though we've put in a full week. Today, I took advantage of Doug's day off... Koen and I went to "playshop" at our new East Liberty library (we walked of course as it is an amazing weather week in the Burgh!!). We invited our playgroup and it was great. It was just fun to be he and I. Plus, the East Liberty library is amazing! If you are in the Pittsburgh city limits and haven't gone yet, go! It's great. And if you have kids, they are doing a playshop every Friday at 10:30am for the next few weeks.

So, today at playgroup Koen enjoyed reading some new books I requested at the library (man, he is a Thomas fan!, Grampa you would love this new Thomas story we got!), playing with the "transportation toys," and dressing up as a Fireman.
Tavin spent a lot of quality time with Doug today. Doug actually mentioned how much he enjoyed it. Tavin was in his pajamas for most of the day. Here's a picture Doug took. I love the tight thermal pj's! It was sweet though, Doug actually mentioned to me how much he enjoyed the extra time with Tavin. He is such a sweetheart and so, so easy to hang out with.

I actually got to go out during afternoon naps while Doug did yardwork and I got some errands done, yay! Then we stopped at a friend's tonight as a family (in walking distance, so yay, more time outside!). Then I brought Tavin home for bed and shortly after Koen and Doug arrived for bed (Doug has a new seat for Koen on the back of his bike and they are loving getting around together that way!). Here's a final shot of Tavin in the bath. Such a sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment