Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Update from Gramma & Grampa's

We are having a great time here with Gramma and Grampa. I'm so thankful to be with my Mom and Dad and sister while Doug is away. The extra help is nice (although Tavin is a little stinker and doesn't like to be held by anyone except me). Koen is in seventh heaven with all the time with Gramma and Grampa. He is especially fond of playing outside. We navigate trails in the woods, fetch the mail with the wagons and play in Grampa's Jeep in the garage (he likes to drive us all places, the picture below shows him driving both of them somewhere).
Here are a few pictures of Abbie's shower yesterday (now that that is over, we are all relaxing and enjoying ourselves more, this week should be much more laid back!).



Koen went to church with my parents and Abbie today. I had to stay home with Tavin since last night he was up in the night and we both lost sleep and he really needed his morning nap. Anyways, Koen was so sweet at the service. He sang along to the songs he knew and tried to follow the words of the songs he didn't. He was quiet and respectful and very sweet sitting between Gramma and Grampa. Classic, that I missed this special moment. Although perhaps his behavior was better without me there. Anyways, I was so happy it went OK and that it was such a positive experience for all of them. Tonight he asked if church was "tomannow" (how he says, "tomorrow"), I said, no, but we would go next week. He said, "great, I really like it there." So precious! I hope I get to witness the sweetness in that atmosphere next week.
I will be better with the blog this week (sorry, Douglas!). Love to all of you at home. We miss you, but as I said before, it's great being here with my parents!

1 comment:

  1. makes me miss the boys and you. koen is a trip in the jeep... i think he'll have that smiling face for years. it's like my "thumbs up".

    ReplyDelete