Monday, August 30, 2010

Mommy Goes to Work

Before having kids I worked full-time for a marketing research firm. This firm kindly has let me be part-time since having Koen when I used to go to work in the office twice a week. Now the firm has extended this kindness and allows me to work fully from home. This week though they requested I go to the client for a training. It was nice to go back in and reconnect after 8 months for a morning and help out my fellow teammates. Anyways, Daddy was on full duty this morning with both boys as I woke up before they were out of their rooms.

Tavin hasn't had a bottle in about 2 months probably. Totally my fault, but I just hate finding time to pump and bottle-feed when it is so fast to just do it the natural way. So, I have definitely neglected that. Anyways, I figured he would be so ravishingly hungry from his long sleep that it wouldn't matter and that he would remember it enough to take the bottle. Not so! I had 10 ounces for him and he had none. That is a significant difference in mealtime intake! Thankfully he did eat 3 jars of baby food (he usually has 1.5-2), so hopefully he will make it close to lunchtime, but I just feel so horrible that he didn't really have breakfast.

I'm a little nervous too because in a few weeks is Abbie's wedding and I think he'll need to take a bottle and the following weekend Doug and I are supposed to go away without the boys for 2 nights. Oh dear! Looks like I have my work cut out for me in re-training Tavin to take a bottle. Ugh. Like I needed another time-consuming challenge.

Koen apparently didn't take the news very well this morning that I was away for a few hours either and totally lost it around breakfast time too. Poor Doug! Thankfully, Koen did bounce back fairly quickly.

Doug was adventurous and took the boys out to a local coffee shop, Voluto, for some morning coffee (Doug) and juice (Koen). They both loved it he said.
Tavin is now sleeping, but I'm guessing it won't last long. Mommy is back on duty shortly I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment